GetMyPosition identifies the exact worldwide geographic position of your web site visitors. This way you can relate your Internet service to your visitors' location, for example to search for your nearest store or club.
It takes just 30 minutes to integrate the free GetMyPosition service into your Internet site.
Your Internet visitors then can click on our maps on your Internet page to precisely show where they are. Your Internet server then knows the visitor's exact longitude and latitude.
To see how easy and accurate GetMyPosition works, please click on your position on the map below (you will see 3 successive maps).
Case Study: Global Hotel DirectoryAn Internet hotel directory allowed only search by price and country. The search results were not always helpful as some countries have hundreds of hotels while others have none.
Self-programming an improved geographical search function would have been costly and time-consuming. By integrating GetMyPosition into the search form the visitors now see a world map on which they can click to zoom into their position. After three clicks the map disappears and the ten nearest hotels are displayed. Also nearby hotels in neighbouring countries are displayed while distant hotels in the same country are omitted. Also the distances between the user and the hotels are displayed.
Typical GetMyPositon applications
- Shop network (e.g. search for closest teddy bear shop)
- Interest network (e.g. find the next Esperanto clubs)
- Online community (e.g. identify the nearest members that match the search criteria)
- Online sales broker (e.g. find apartments for sale near to the desired area)
- Points of interest (e.g. search all castles within 50 km)
- Geo data (e.g. display local infection risk statistics, list the locally available radio programmes)
- Computed local information (e.g. local weather forecast, local sunset time, horoscope based on birthplace)
- Special applications (e.g. calculating distance between two radio amateurs; capturing of previous home towns)
It's free and takes only three steps to integrate GetMyPosition into your Internet site:
- Register (its free and takes only 2 minutes). You then receive your user key by email.
- Your web designer integrates three lines of code on your Internet site (takes about 30 minutes).
- Your web designer adapts your Internet service to use the users' positon (effort depends on what you use the position for).